The latest version of Diagnostic Assistance, this PC-based software contains a vast amount of information to help with vehicle diagnostics.
Suitable for Service, Diagnostic and Master Technicians, the software has the following features:
- Just-in-time learning with explanations of a variety of automotive systems
- Diagnostic guidance providing test reference information, tips, DTC look-up, pre-test information, failure modes, and 'how to' advice
- A library of known good PicoScope waveforms and scan tool data
- Over 600 A4 pages of Information
- 414 Fundamental Topics
- 196 Comparative Waveforms
- Scan tool Datastream Descriptions
- 1000s of Diagnostic Trouble Code Definitions
- MasterTech™ Notes Guidance
- Symptom Diagnosis
- Test Records and Job Notes
In version 16
The current software now consists of
- 35 Chassis Component Tests
- 24 Body System Component Tests
- 49 Diesel Engine Management System Component Tests
- 52 Gas Engine Management System Component Tests
- Make your own notes (available on every page), including external weblinks and colour coded notes
- In total 62 new topics and 11 updates for this version
- Contains approximately 365,000 words, 2700 drawings, waveforms and images.
- Picoscope Sample Waveform files - launch direct from the software
- On-line member's area to share tips and waveform files
The software is now in three clear sections
Section 1 - Fundamentals. Here you will find technical topics that you can read to improve your core knowledge of how systems work.
The pages record when you last opened them last, so you can periodically refresh your knowledge by reading them again!
Section 2 - Guided Fault Finding. You can use this section for in-time learning whilst actually working on a car. You can select topics to work though by component or symptom. Each topic describes the component / system operation, what may happen in the event it has failed, how to test the component / circuit, example waveforms utilising the Picoscope and testing with other equipment such as a scan tool or multimeter.
There are 160 components listed, which cover the vast majority of components fitted to the modern vehicle.
The component test page provides the technician with just-in-time learning on the suspect component
- It contains four key sections: What the component does, what you need to know before testing - including MasterTech notes, how to test the component, test results and next steps.
Section 3 - Library. This section contains reference waveforms and scan tool screen shots.
There are in excess of 200 waveform types contained within the waveform library.
Diagnostic Section Review:
Body and Chassis Component Tests:
The Auto-Solve Diagnostic Assistance is a valuable automotive diagnostic tool and an ideal companion to the Automotive Diagnostics Kit.
|Auto-Solve CD - New Version 16