|June 05, 2019
ACCES I/O Products announces the immediate release of a new family of PCIe/104 carrier modules—the 104e-mPCIe Family. These convenient adapter boards allow users to install PCI Express Mini Cards (mPCIe) into new and existing PCIe/104 embedded systems. This allows for a lower cost and extremely flexible alternative to existing PCIe/104 I/O boards. Design engineers can utilize ACCES' full industrial/military line of mPCIe products. These include isolated DAQ, serial, analog, digital I/O (TTL, LVTTL, relay, FET), USB, Ethernet, and quadrature cards. Up to four different mPCIe cards can now be installed on one PCIe/104 board without compromising size or ruggedness.
The 104e-mPCIe boards are Type 1 or Type 2 PCIe/104 carrier boards designed to support up to four PCI Express mini cards, in either half or full lengths. The Advanced model converts one PCIe x1 lane from the PCIe/104 stack into four mPCIe sockets, while the standard version converts four PCIe x1 lanes from the stack into four mPCIe sockets. In addition, the board supports up to two mSATA devices (via dip-switch selection—Type 2 only), and all four sockets support USB, SMBus, and wireless mPCIe devices—including per socket micro-SIM, for cellular (WAN) use.
Available accessories include a wide variety of PCI Express Mini Cards and various mounting hardware. Customization options include conformal coating, custom configurations (MCOTS), software, product labeling, and more.
Key features of the 104e-mPCIe Family include:
- Advanced model converts one PCIe x1 lane from the stack into four PCI Express Mini Card sockets
- Standard version converts four PCIe x1 lanes from the stack into four PCI Express Mini Card sockets
- Supports half and full-size mPCIe cards, for use in a Type 1 or Type 2 PCIe/104 stack
- All four sockets support USB, SMBUS, micro-SIM, as well as PCI Express signals
- mSATA devices supported on two sockets (Type 2)
- Powered from the PCIe/104 stack 5V rail, no 12V needed
- 2mm standoffs integrated into design for easy installation, hardware included
- RoHS and industrial temp (-40°C to 85°C) standard
- Compatible with top or bottom stacking SBCs for added flexibility
- Optional OneBank connector compatible with PCIe/104 OneBank SBCs
No driver installation is required for the 104e-mPCIe product. Applicable software is determined by mPCIe cards being used. Every ACCES mPCIe card comes with complete Windows and Linux software packages including drivers, samples (in C#, VC, and Delphi) and utility programs. In addition to the sample programs our API works with virtually every Windows program, from spreadsheets to LabVIEW and MATLAB, and everything includes full source code and register-level documentation to ensure compatibility with even new or unusual application environments. Embedded OS support includes DOS, XPe, WES7, WES8, IoT, VxWorks, and more.
For additional information, readers can view a data sheet and manual for the new 104e-MPCIe Family by visiting our product pages:
104e-mPCIe-4A and 104e-mPCIe-2A
104e-mPCIe-4 and 104e-mPCIe-2