New Kvaser white paper discusses ways to maximise CAN’s efficiency in next generation vehicles
By using a Virtual CAN Bus, we separate the control task from other tasks. The distributed embedded control system can be developed using standard CAN Controllers and transceivers in a traditional way with well proven tools.
Other tasks such as encryption, transmitter authentication, re-flashing, etc. can be developed by experts in these fields and carried out by using other protocols. With modern technology, the different tasks can run in parallel and simultaneously communicate on the same physical layer.
It is a great advantage to separate the control problems from other problems. The control problem can be solved once and for all by the control experts and other problems by experts in their respective technology fields.
The USBcan Pro 2xHS v2 CB is a bare circuit board version of Kvaser's USBcan Pro 2xHS v2 dual channel CAN or CAN FD interface with scripting capability. The USBcan Pro 2xHS v2 CB is supplied 'bare board' i.e. without a housing, and can thus be built into any system. The Pro version is shipped with Kvaser TRX, a lightweight development environment that lowers the bar when starting out programming the device.
• Supports CAN FD.
• Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
• Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
• Power derived from the USB connection, CAN or an in-built power supply.
• Galvanic isolation.
• High-speed CAN connection (compliant with ISO 11898-2), up to 1 Mbit/s.
• Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000 and DeviceNet.
• Kvaser MagiSync provides automatic time synchronization between several PC-to-bus interfaces connected to the same PC.
• Programming functionality to support interface mode e.g. Optimize protocol handling, pre-filter CAN messages directly on the interface, or simulate missing hardware.
• Simultaneous operation of multiple devices.
• 2-Year Warranty. See our General Conditions and Policies for details.
• Free Technical Support on all products available
• Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
• Units are shipped with Kvaser TRX, a lightweight development environment.
• Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C , C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
• All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
• J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
• RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
• On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
-40 - 85 °C
MESSAGES PER SECOND RECEIVE
MESSAGES PER SECOND SENDING
PC INTERFACES, Interfaces
Linux, Win Vista, Win 10, Win 8, Win 7, Win XP
On Board Buffer
ERROR FRAME GENERATION
ERROR COUNTERS READING
Order your Kvaser USBcan Pro 2xHS v2 CB here [73-30130-00877-9]:
Order your Kvaser USBCan Pro 2xHS v2 [CAN FD] here [00752-9]
Order your Kvaser USBCan Pro 2xHS v2 [CAN FD] here [00877-9]
Order your Kvaser USBcan Pro 5xHS [CAN FD, HD26 to 5xDS9 Splitter cable] here [00779-6]xxxx
Address: 1480 Gulf Road, Suite 837,
PO Box 1364
Point Roberts, WA 98281
Western Canada - Vancouver BC
Tel:1.800.663.6001 or 1.604.925.6150
Address: 2454 Haywood Ave
West Vancouver, BC V7V 1Y1
Eastern Canada - Markham, Ontario