- 2260/2280 sized M.2 Card with B & M keys and latching I/O connectors
- 8 OR 4 optically-isolated non-polarized inputs
- 8 OR 4 electromechanical 1A relay outputs
- Change-of-State (COS) detection IRQ generation
- 9” cable (228MM), standard
- Panel-mountable isolation module with 37-pin male D-Sub connector
- RoHS standard
- Now with Digital Integration Features!
- Outputs with pulse/train / PWM / frequency / and Quadrature generation, Inputs with digital filtering and flexible measurement of pulse duration, frequency, and event counting, IRQ generation and more.
- Industrial operating temperature (-40°C to 70°C)
- Support for Wind River VxWorks (call for ordering information)
The M.2-IIRO-8 consists of a 2260/2280 sized M.2 interface card that connects to a Mobile-ITX-sized, DB-37M Isolation Module via an included 9” cable. That module is designed to be easily panel-mounted in any application environment. It uses the high speed PCI Express bus to transfer digital data to and from the card. The digital I/O is compatible with 8255 PPI chips making it easy to program. This allows for simple and trouble-free migration from other ACCES PCI and PCI Express digital I/O cards, but also provides for advanced features enabled by the onboard FPGA logic.
The M.2-IIRO cards are well suited to complex environments, mitigating otherwise challenging ground-loops, high-common-mode, and transient voltage spikes common in electrically-noisy industrial or factory locations. The broad voltage compatibility and high current outputs allows use in a wide range of applications.
The non-polarized inputs support both AC and DC, and configuration jumpers allow 4.7ms input filters to be enabled per-channel, as desired – required for AC use. The isolated inputs support voltages from 3 to 31 VDC/VAC RMS [40Hz to 10000Hz], as well as standard 12/24 AC control transformer signals.
Outputs are 5 Form C (“Single-pole, double-throw”, or SPDT) and 3 Form A (SPST) electromechanical relays capable of 1A continuous-current load.
Change of State (COS) detection and interrupt capabilities are designed to relieve software from polling routines that can consume valuable processing time. Each port can be programmed for detecting state changes on their lines, in which any changes of the enabled port's bits (low-to-high or high-to-low) will generate an IRQ. An ISR (interrupt service routine) then determines which bit changed state and clears the interrupt.
Digital∫Features (read as "Digital Integration Features") are a new family of features available for applicable models of ACCES' PCI Express (PCIe) and M.2 Card (mPCIe) Digital I/O product lines.
All the cards share features such as memory mapped registers for low-latency operation. Output channels support pulse/train / PWM / frequency / and quadrature generation. Inputs channels support flexible measurement of pulse duration, frequency, and event counting, with optional debouncing, IRQ generation, and more.
The M.2-IIRO-8 is excellent for use in a variety of applications where on-board relays are required and inputs must be isolated. The M.2-IIRO-8 can be used in the following markets.
- Process Monitoring
- Manufacturing/Production Test
- Machine Control
- Monitoring and Control
- Security Systems, Energy Management
- Industrial Automation
- Factory Automation
- Laboratory Automation
- Embedded OEM
Please contact ACCES with your precise requirement. Examples of special orders would be conformal coating, custom software or product labeling, and more. We will work with you to provide exactly what is required.
Accessories and Connections
Available accessories include a variety of screw terminal boards for quick and easy connectivity as well as 2mm and 2.5mm mounting hardware. Alternately, custom hardware cables and/or interfaces can be produced to fit your specific application requirement.
The card is supported for use in most operating systems and includes a free DOS, Linux , and Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8/10 compatible software package. This package contains sample programs and source code in C#, Delphi, and Visual C for Windows. Also provided is a graphical setup program in Windows. Linux support includes installation files and basic samples for programming from user level via an open source kernel driver. Third party support includes a Windows standard DLL interface usable from the most popular application programs, and includes LabVIEW VIs. Embedded OS support includes Windows XPe, WES7, WES8, vxWorks, etc. Full register-level documentation of all features ensures easy compatibility in any application environment.
- Number: 8 (or 4)
- Type: Non-polarized, optically isolated from each other and from the computer (CMOS compatible)
- Voltage: 3 to 31 DC or AC RMS (40 to 10000Hz)
- Isolation: 500V channel-to-ground and channel-to-channel
- Resistance: 1.8Kâ„¦ in series with opto-coupler
- Filter Response
- â€‹Rise-time: 4.7 ms
- Fall-time: 4.7 ms
- Non-Filter Response
- â€‹Rise-time: 10 μs
- Fall-time: 30 μs
- Number: 8 (or 4)
- Type: 5 Form C (SPDT) and 3 Form A (SPST), Ag with Au clad,single crossbar for M.2-IIRO-8; 4 Form C for M.2-IIRO-4
- AC Load: 0.5A at 125 VAC (62.5 VA max)
- DC Load: 1A at 24 VDC (30W max)
- Switching Voltage: 125 VAC, 60 VDC, max
- Switching Current: 1A max
- Contact Resistance: 100 mâ„¦, max
- Contact Life: 5 million operations, min
- Operating: 0°C to 70°C (order -T option for industrial temperature -40°C to 70°C)
- Storage: -65°C to 150°C
- Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- Power required: 3.3VDC @ 730ma (typical), all relays on
- mPCIe card characteristics
- Weight: 6.2 grams
- I/O connector
- On-card: Molex 501190-4017 40-pin latching
- Mating: Molex 501189-4010
- Isolation board characteristics
- Weight: 51.4 grams, ( 11.2 grams for the 9" cable)
- Size (Mobile-ITX sized)
- Length: (2.952″)
- Width: (1.1.772″)
- I/O connector
- On board: Male, D-Sub Miniature, 37-pin
- Mating: Female, D-Sub Miniature, 37-pin
This product is designed to be in full compliance with CE requirements.
Drivers and Downloads
List of available Downloads: Software Packages, Drivers, Manuals, and other documents
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
Redistributing Windows Drivers
A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
ACCES has successfully partnered with Wind River to bring our entire line of PCI and PCI Express Serial Communication cards to VxWorks 7! All ACCES plug-and-play serial cards are now supported with our VxWorks driver, including RS232, RS422, RS485 (2- and 4-wire) and baud rates up to 10Mbps.
Designed as an update to the existing vxbPciNs16550Sio.c driver, we've added support for ×8 baud rates, proper handling of the unique register location of the 4th port in the Pericom PI7C9X7954 UART, and configuring the serial protocol from your application software.
With this driver suite all ACCES PCI, PCI Express, PCI Express Mini Card, M.2, PCI-104, PCIe/104, and all related "PCI Style" plug-and-play serial cards will detect and install as standard VxWorks SIO ports.
OEM and Volume Pricing Call - 1-877-902-2979
PLEASE CALL US TO ORDER!
||8-Channel Isolated Digital Input & Relay Output with Change-of-State (COS) M.2 Card
||8-Channel Relay Output PCI Express Mini Card
||4-Channel Isolated Digital Input & Relay Output with Change-of-State (COS) M.2 Card
|All models ship standard with extended temp and RoHS
|Accessories - PLEASE CALL US TO ORDER!!
||2mm mounting hardware
||2.5mm mounting hardware
||Screw terminal adaptor for use with 37-pin male connector
||DIN-rail mountable screw terminal board for 37-pin connector
||37-pin screw terminal board
||Ribbon cable, female 37-pin connectors on each end, 18"
||Ribbon cable, female 37-pin connectors on each end, 36"
||Ribbon cable, male to female 37-pin connectors, 36"
||Ribbon cable, male to female 37-pin connectors, 18"
|Model Options (call for pricing)
||Extended temperature operation (-40° to 85°C)