The following functions are available in many configurations giving the user the ability to specify exactly what’s needed. Interrupts are individually or globally enabled or disabled via software. A status register is provided to determine the interrupt source.
Output ranges of 0-5V, 0-10V, ±5V and ±10V, are field selectable with jumpers. Note that four conversions may take place at once and that, since the D/As are double buffered, data for the next conversion may be loaded simultaneously.
The circuit uses an 82C54 (3 sixteen bit counter/timers). The user has access to each counter/timer’s gate, clock, and output signals. The output of counter two can be used to generate an interrupt. The software package supports counting events, frequency output, pulse and frequency measurement.
The circuit uses an 82C55A PPI with mode 0 supported. Ports A and B (16 lines) are buffered and pulled up to 5V. Port C features Change of State detection.
The package includes a setup program detailing all jumper settings. Also included are IRQ drivers, samples for DOS, and utilities for Windows operating systems (Windows 95/98/Me/NT4/2000/XP and 2003). Full register-level support for use in custom real-time or embedded operating systems.
- Channels: 4
- Voltage Ranges: 0-5V, 0-10V, ±5V, ±10V
- Conversion Frequency: 100K Conversions per second
- Resolution 12-Bit
- Output Drive Capability: 3 mA per channel
- Power-Down Mode Current Draw: 1µA, maximum
- Relative Accuracy: ±2 LSB, typical
- Trigger Source(s): Software selectable for program command or programmable timer
- Programmable Peripheral Int.: 82C55A
- Channels: 24, pulled up to 5V via 10K (or pulled down to ground)
- Buffered Channels: 16 (ports A & B)
- Sink & Source Current: 64mA & 32mA respectively
- Modes supported: Mode 0 (1 and 2 are factory options)
- Change of State Detection 8 inputs (port C)
- Peripheral Interface Timer: Type 82C54
- Counters 3 x 16-Bit down counters
- Clock Frequency Output: 1Mhz
- Inputs/Outputs Fully Buffered
- Native Modes: Pulse on terminal count, retriggerable one-shot, rate generator, square wave, software triggered strobe, hardware triggered strobe.
- Software Support: Event Counter, Frequency Output, Frequency and Pulse Measurement
- Power Required: 5V @ 40mA, ±12 @ 30mA; with optional ±12V DC/DC conv. 5V @ 240mA
- Environmental: 0°C to 70°C standard, optional without DC/DC converter -40°C to 85°C
- Interrupt Requests: Eleven channels, IRQ 3-7, 9-12, 14, 15
- Interrupt Status Register: Indicates source(s) of interrupt
- Interrupt Enable/Disable: Software Controlled
CE testing & approval must be done at the system level, in the designed enclosure, and is not done on individual boards.